French Foliage goes vintage ...

Hi everyone ... Another card today using the French Foliage Stamp Set from the new Mini Catalogue. I'm loving this stamp set and the effects you can get. Just look at that gorgeous inkspot ... doesn't it remind you of when you used to shake your pen in school and Oh my goodness what a mess you ended up with in your exercise book .... ??? Have you noticed the shaded background? I just used a piece of sponge and dabbed it carefully on the inkpad, then went round the inkpad on all four edges of the sponge to give it the framed effect! Pretty cool yes! I have seen it done with the new acrylic blocks for the clear stamp sets, but I'm a tad old-fashioned and still love the feel of the wooden ones, so don't have any acrylics! Thanks for looking! See you next time. -x-Linda-x-

Stampin' Up! Supplies

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Soft Suede, Really Rust, Basic Black Bits & Bobs: Snail Adhesive, Tafetta ribbon (discontinued shade)

Comments

  1. Oh isn't this beautiful! If you shook your pen over a card I'm not sure it would have the same gorgeous effect as this image! French Foliage is definitely on my wish list now! Hope you're having a lovely weekend Linda. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts